Monday, August 29, 2011

"Outside the bubble" Bhujette's photos around Delhi, India (national capital territory of delhi)


Preview of Bhujette’s blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: www.travelpod.com This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Entry from: Delhi, India Entry Title: “Outside the bubble” Entry: “Phew…what a whirlwind trip these past 3 weeks have been! But so incredible nonetheless. Re-centering but off-putting all at the same time. I have to admit, spending two weeks in veritable luxury (especially compared to my lifestyle for the past 2 months) has been fabulous. Swimming, lounging by the pool, air conditioned personal transport, hot running water, not having to cook, clean or do laundry…truly felt like the life of royalty. Vacation with the parents was a nice dose of home and also afforded me the opportunity to travel beyond my bubble here in Bhuj; getting to see some of the miraculous other parts of Northern India. Our journey began on the overnight train to Ahmedabad- complete with mouse visits and station platform chaos- where we then drove to Udaipur. Quite the culture shock for me upon arrival at the hotel: marble floors, chandeliers, people waiting on you hand and foot, television! I just wanted to take it all in. It’s amazing how content I was with my simple living, as I had grown so accustomed to it while somewhat distancing myself from the western (read: lavish) lifestyle. I guess it’s only when one steps outside of their environment- getting a taste of ‘the other side’- that one is able to fully see what is


No comments:

Post a Comment