Wednesday, February 23, 2011

which map data provider is cheapest for my req?

Dear all,

Please advice.
my requirement is simple.

i have a online software in php and i currently use google maps api for the map data and have a database of properties that i mark-up on the map using my api. just plain google maps -satellite+hybrid

i want to have my site username and password protected and with user privileges. so that my data is not public.

problem is that google maps api terms are violated if i do so.
the terms say that the maps must be in public domain.

MY QUESTION:
what solution can i use so that the map data provided is cheap
and i can use it for commercial purposes.?
currently i need only the maps of major cities in India.

is there a customized map data provider that can be used for this specific purpose?
can i get map data cheaper elsewhere?

i do not need facilities like google earth etc.

please advice me in this regard.

thanks and regards
pradvk


No comments:

Post a Comment